3 Things You Need to Know About the Singapore Stock Market Today
Welcome to midweek! Here are three things you might want to know about the local stock market today.
1. The Singapore stock market, as represented by the Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI), finished the day at 3,336.7 points, adding around 0.3%.
The biggest winner in the index was Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (SGX: NS8U), closing at US$0.460, up 3.4%. On the other hand, SIA Engineering Company Ltd (SGX: S59), or SIAEC, became STI’s weakest performer for two consecutive days. It tumbled 4.1% to S$3.71.
SIAEC posted its first quarter results after the market closed yesterday. Revenue for the quarter came in at S$272.8 million, crawling up by 0.4% but net profit tumbled 81.8% to S$36.2 million.
2. On top of SIAEC, two real estate investment trusts released their latest earnings. So, do check out their earnings coverage below:
- Mapletree Industrial Trust (SGX: ME8U) – click here
- Suntec Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX: T82U) – click here
3. Property developer, Frasers Centrepoint Ltd (SGX: TQ5), announced yesterday that the biggest mall in the northern part of Singapore will start operations in the final quarter of this year. The mall, part of Northpoint City, is set to become the largest integrated development in the area. It will house 400 retail and dining outlets across two retail wings.
It will also house a 920-unit condominium – North Park Residences, community spaces, an air-conditioned bus interchange and an underground retail link that connects directly to Yishun MRT Station.
The real estate outfit ended the day at S$1.93, up 0.5%.