3 Things You Need To Know About the Singapore Stock Market Today
Here are three things about the local stock market and investing in general that you might be interested in today.
1. The Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI), finished the day at 3,293.1 points, tumbling around 1%. The biggest winner in the index was SembCorp Industries Limited (SGX: U96), closing at S$3.24, up 1.9%. On the other hand, the biggest loser, which declined around 7% to US$0.445, was Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (SGX: NS8U). The trust released its second-quarter earnings yesterday.
2. Other than Hutchison Port, the following listed entities released their latest quarterly results. So do check out their earnings coverage below:
- Ascott Residence Trust (SGX: A68U) – click here
- Keppel Telecommunications & Transport Ltd (SGX: K11)– click here
3. The largest initial public offering (IPO) in six years, NetLink NBN Trust (SGX: CJLU), debuted on our stock exchange yesterday at 3pm. The IPO was two times oversubscribed and gross proceeds of around S$2.3 billion were received by the trust. NetLink closed at S$0.805 today, down 0.6% from the IPO price of S$0.81.