7 Quick Things Investors Should Know About No Signboard Holdings Ltd’s Latest Earnings
In mid-February, No Signboard Holdings Ltd (SGX: 1G6) released its first quarter earnings update for its fiscal year ending 30 September 2018 (FY2018). As a quick introduction, No Signboard Holdings, which just got listed in late November 2017, is a restaurant operator that has been in business for 37 years. It is most well-known for its No Signboard Seafood chain of seafood restaurants.
Here are seven things investors should know about No Signboard’s latest results:
1. Revenue for the reporting quarter stepped up by 2.9% year-on-year to S$4.1 million.
2. Profit before tax for the reporting quarter jumped by 66.5% year-on-year to S$1.8 million.
3. Consequently, net profit increased by 56.3% to S$1.4 million in the first quarter of FY2018.
4. In the reporting quarter, No Signboard generated operating cash flow of S$2.9 million, spent S$28,000 on capital investments, and received S$23 million in cash from financing activities (mainly proceeds from its IPO).
5. No Signboard had $1.5 million in debt as of 31 December 2017 while holding cash and bank balances of S$26.1 million.
6. The company recommended a one-off special dividend of 0.31 cents per share in the reporting quarter.
7. In its latest earnings update, No Signboard shared the following comments on its outlook:
“The Group continue to see a stable revenue stream for its premium seafood restaurants. The Group is continuing to work on the development of the new casual dining concept restaurants as well as the expansion of the beer business, including the establishment of its own brewery.
The Group has started a trial phase by offering its ready meals through vending machines, and is reviewing the sales performance and results of the trial phase. The Group will also consider other distribution channels when such opportunities arise.”